Drexsol's main active ingredient is Hypochlorous acid (HOCl). HOCl is produced by our own body's white blood cells to fight off infection. Hypochlorous acid is cleared by the FDA for use on meat, poultry, fish & seafood, fruits & vegetables and shell eggs as a no-rinse sanitizer. There are no harmful residues. HOCl is non-carcinogenic, safe for use around eyes, mucous membranes and sensitive areas. Thus making it ideal for use in hospitals, clinics, homes, churches, schools, daycare centers and other facilities.

The US FDA released a list of ingredients banned for use in hand sanitizers and HOCl was not in the list:

  • Benzethonium chloride
  • Chloroxylenol
  • Chlorhexidine gluconate2
  • Cloflucarban
  • Fluorosalan
  • Hexachlorophene
  • Hexylresorcinol
  • Iodine complex (ammonium ether sulfate and polyoxyethylene sorbitan monolaurate)
  • Iodine complex (phosphate ester of alkylaryloxy polyethylene glycol)
  • Methylbenzethonium chloride
  • Nonylphenoxypoly (ethyleneoxy) ethanoliodine
  • Phenol (equal to or less than 1.5 percent or greater than 1.5 percent)
  • Poloxamer iodine complex
  • Povidone-iodine 5 to 10 percent
  • Secondary amyltricresols
  • Sodium oxychlorosene
  • Tribromsalan
  • Triclocarban
  • Triclosan
  • Triple dye
  • Undecoylium chloride iodine complex

In fact, HOCl is so safe that is has been shown to have no adverse effects when in contact with eyes, skin or even if swallowed. It has even been considered for use a a daily oral gargle as it is much safer than most oral gargles as those usually contain alcohol. HOCl has also been proven to be safe and gentle as a baby cleanser (50ppm).

In Japan and China, HOCl is being used widely in misting chambers due to its safety properties to humans.

Drexsol has the following advantages over isopropyl / ethyl alcohol:

  • KIlls viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores. Alcohol does not kill fungi and spores
  • Faster contact time (kills pathogens faster)
  • Suitable for longer contact time uses. Alcohol not suitable for long contact time applications because 70% alcohol evaporates too quickly
  • Safe for prolonged use, it has been reported that prolonged use of hand sanitizers with alcohol may lead to hand dermatitis
  • Does not crack/dry the skin
  • Does not irritate eyes, mouth, mucous membranes 
  • Non-flammable/combustible

Cracked/dry skin due to frequent alcohol use

Drexsol main active ingredient is Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl). Other ingredients is just plain salt (NaCl) and water.

Drexsol is not corrosive to metals. Unlike Bleach, where the PH is very high and the active ingredient is Sodium Hypochlorite. Drexsol's PH is near Neutral (5.5 to 65), making it less harmful to metals. The Sodium Hypochlorite found in bleaches react with the Carbon Dioxide in the air to produce Clorine gas. The Chlorine gas produced attacks most metals, including stainless steel.

The product should be stored in a cool, dark place. Preferably not to exceed 25C. Product should also be kept away from direct sunlight.


Instructions should be followed to ensure our product stability in the long-term and to minimize any change in the concentration (ppm), efficacy and purity of the Hypochlorous acid solution.

  1. Avoid exposure to sunlight or UV.
  2. Use only opaque containers. Clear containers will lead to exposure to light which will affect the efficacy of the hypochlorous acid.
  3. Never mix with other substances other than pure water. 
  4. Discard the product when the expiry date has passed. Or test the ppm with a test strip.
  5. Must be stored at temperatures between 4 and 25°C. Short periods (a few hours to a few days) of elevated temperatures (between 25 and 40°C) will not harm the product.

No. Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) is not the same as Sodium Hypochlorite. Sodium Hypochlorite, commonly known as bleach, is also a member of the chlorine family but is less potent than HOCL. It would take 50,000ppm of Sodium Hypochloriite to have the same effect as 500ppm of HOCL. And unlike HOCL (which is produced by our body's white blood cells), Sodium Hypochlorite is not a naturally occuring substance and may be toxic if ingested, inhaled, or by dermal or ocular exposure.